Friday, March 09, 2012

This wasn’t in the job description

This job I have is unique.  Day to day is a guess as to what will be on my agenda.   I wouldn’t change it for anything!     I can be a pilot, a marketer, an office worker, a paper shuffler, a listening ear, a handyman, a painter, a salesman, a blogger, a fisherman, and the list goes on.  One thing I never saw coming was a very quick proficiency in reupholstering chairs. 

Photo 2012-03-06 10 35 25Photo 2012-03-06 10 35 34Photo 2012-03-06 10 35 43

I managed to get a hold of some old restaurant chairs (really sturdy and not so pretty).  Joe (from Seseganaga Lake) spoke for them immediately, envisioning them comfortably ensconced in a cabin near him on Ses.  The problem was they needed an upholstering job and Ignace is in rather short supply in that regard. 

So…  trial and error produced a nice system which resulted in a rather professional looking job if I say so myself. 

Anything that keeps me out of Karen’s sight and her ever present to-do list is my goal.  When I told her what I was up to, she grinned and let out a rather large “Ooooo” while looking at a chair or two in our house.  Now to convince her it was just dumb luck and not an inherent ability on my part.