Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Simple fish recipes

I have a fondness towards walleye.  Eating tasty, well prepared walleye is high on my list of preferred activities.  I also like to cook.  Combining these activities makes for a pleasurable meal.

Recently, at a sport show, I was treated to some very tasty and well prepared walleye.  Starla Batzko from Starla’s Seasonings and Dips, www.ilovedip.com was doing a presentation on “Cooking your Catch”.   Besides, being front row center, I managed to be a “sampler” of the product and was duly impressed.  I am certainly going to add her recipes to my arsenal of camp cooking. 

_712253_orig

Check out the battered fish (I wonder if there is a support group for that) recipe.  It makes a very light and tasty batter.  I am sure you can substitute any dark beer.   She also includes baked and pan fried walleye recipes to ease up on the oil consumption.  They are equally impressive – and simple.

See Starla’s website and be sure to come to your Ignace Outposts fishing trip prepared with some of her spices and recipes.