Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The words of work

I'm a bush pilot and remote tourist outfitter. Originally I wanted to work in an orange juice factory, but I would have been canned because I can’t concentrate. Then I wanted to work as a lumber jack, but I figured I wouldn’t be able to hack it and that they would give me the axe. After that, I thought about being a tailor, but I was just not suited for it, mainly because it is only a so-so (sew-sew) job. So next I pondered working in a muffler factory, but that would be too exhausting for me. After many years of trying to find steady work, I finally applied for a job as a historian, but I realized there was no future in it. Then before I finally settled on flying, I considered working at Starbucks but I had to rethink because it would just be the same old grind.

That in a one succinct paragraph answers “How I got to do what I do?”

photo