Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oh the joys!

October brings some of the worst flying weather in our area.

It is also in October that we have moose hunters out and are in the last stages of our season. It happens often in October that as weather patterns change, we encounter flight delays. On Sunday, Randy and I went to our Seseganaga camp to pick up our successful moose hunting party.

We had no problem getting to Seseganaga but had a small delay getting home. Hurry up and wait becomes a fall motto.

I waited on a small lake for a few hours and Randy in his wisdom waited at the Seseganaga camp with a nice cabin and warm fire. When the frontal system passed we were safely on our way.










As I've said many times, "It is always better to be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here. "

At least it wasn't snow. The snow delay came on Monday. And Tuesday brought a dense morning fog and heavy frost to delay us again.