Monday, December 22, 2008

What do you think?

Last week we were completely out of our element. We visited our youngest daughter in Toronto since she would be unable to come home for Christmas. Not only that but her champagne (23rd on the 23rd) birthday is Tues, which we would miss also.

Toronto may be in the same province as Ignace but it is a world away. 12 lane highways and several million people are a big change for us who have to drive over 2.5 hours with only trees and moose as scenery before flying east.

We spent quality time visiting and had to do the "shopping thing". Being as adventurous as I am, I agreed to go along. I held my breath traversing the multi-lane roads and let out a gasp of relief when a Bass Pro store appeared on the horizon.

The girls wore out shoes in the mall and I was as happy as a walleye in a school of shiners at Bass Pro. They even have a DeHavilland Beaver hanging from the ceiling which warmed the cockles of my heart even tho the aircraft should be set free to roam the northern skies with me.

After spending quality time checking out all the latest gear I don't really need (a handful of jigs makes up most of my brown bag tackle kit) we defied life and limb on the roads again back to Joanna's apartment.

Now my Christmas quandary - is it bad form to stuff your own stocking?





Don't forget to put Ignace Outposts on the short wish list for your walleye and northern fishing adventure in 2009.